Here are some helpful hints in taking the best care for your jewelry!
– Use toothpaste or baking soda to clean your jewelry, they are an abrasive.
– Don’t store silver directly on wood surface. The Acids in the wood can damage the finish.
– Do not leave your jewelry in your bathroom. Moisture causes tarnish and corrosion, so don’t store jewelry in the bathroom, no matter how convenient it may be!
– When cleaning jewelry with jewelry cleaner, don’t use new fabric to dry it off, as it contains starches or sizing to stiffen it and can scratch jewelry and plated finishes. Use linen or cotton (wool can scratch).
– Do wear your jewelry often! Wearing jewelry prevents the buildup of tarnish, as contact with the skin rubs off tarnish as it’s created.
– Store your jewelry individually, so they won’t rub against each other. Hang your necklaces up separately.
– Put jewelry on after you apply your make up and your hairspray. Make up, hairspray, perfumes, lotions and oils, can possibly react with your jewelry, especially pearls, as they are very absorbent.
Blog post by ~ Jelene