Be sure and bookmark this page for future reference.
Do you have a helpful jewelry tip you’d like to share? Make a suggestion below!
- Be sure and remove your jewelry when you are putting on lotion, perfume, hairspray, shaving cream and other beauty products. These products can dull the shine of your jewelry as well as cause stones to loosen.
- Do you like to wear Fashion Jewelry? Fashion Jewelry is best worn on occasion. If you are the type of person that wears jewelry everyday and never takes it off, your fashion jewelry will not last as long as someone who wears them every once in awhile.
- Never wear jewelry while in a swimming pool, hot tubs or jacuzzis. The chlorine can cause damage to various gemstones and gold. Gemstones may become loose in their settings and possibly fall out.
- When caring for your Pearls, protect them from scratches by storing them separately from other jewelry. Also, avoid getting perfumes or household chemicals on them which can wear away the nacre or cause color change.
- Be sure to remove your rings and fine jewelry before using any cleaning products that contain bleach. Bleach can cause gold and other metals to breakdown, which can therefore damage your jewelry.
- Wipe your pearls with a damp cloth to remove perspiration, oil or any other residue. For regular cleaning, wipe with a damp cloth. Dry completely with a soft cloth. Avoid heat, hot water, steamers or ultrasonic cleaners along with cosmetics and hairsprays. Don’t soak in water.
- Engagement Ring Buying Tip: Guys, are you struggling to find out her ring size? Try tracing the inner part of one of her current rings….
- When caring for your jewelry, only use 100% cotton as a polishing cloth since polyester and coarse fabrics often contain synthetics. These materials may cause scratches on the metal, especially on sterling silver.
- Don’t store silver in cardboard or paper containers. Sulfur producing compounds in them, accelerate oxidation.
- For silver jewelry care, clean your jewelry before storing it. It helps to keep oxidation at a minimum.
- Avoid wearing your diamonds while doing housework, yard work or any other kind of rough work. Even though a diamond is extremely durable, a hard blow could chip it.
- Do not toss your cultured pearl jewelry carelessly into a purse, bag or jewel box. A pearl’s surface is soft and can be scratched by hard metal edges or by the harder gemstones of other jewelry pieces.